April 28, 2010

Reading In Paradise...

My partner and I have a holiday booked to the island of Koh Samui in Thailand in just 7 weeks time (but who's counting??!!). I am feeling a little jealous that my partner is getting to taste some island life (and weather) before me as he has had to travel to Noumea this week for work. I know he is working but he has still had time to go for walks and send me these photos...

I am trying to get in holiday countdown mood by thinking about the books I will take with me on our own island holiday and I thought I would send out a request to all of you to send me in your best suggestions for beach side reading - any ideas would be greatly received.
In the meantime I will just continue to dream about being here...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful! Have a wonderful time!

JoAnn said...

I'm drooling over those photos!! You can't go wrong with a Persephone in your bag... maybe Dorothy Whipple?

Miss Remmers said...

These pictures look fantastic! Have a great time!

I have an award for you: http://www.missremmersreview.com/2010/04/award-42710.html

Hannah Stoneham said...

Looks fantastic - a place where a person mey need *several* good books. Have a great time

Hannah

Karen said...

Hi Jackie - thanks! We will certainly try.

Hi JoAnn - That's a great idea - if I don't finish all of my Persephone books in the upcoming P reading week I will definitely take one. Or I could just order some more...

Hi Miss Remmers - Thank you so much for my award - that is very sweet of you.

Hi Hannah - I know! I think I will end up taking more books than clothes!

Iliana said...

Oh you are going to have so much fun!

I'm just coming up blank on a book to recommend right now. I'd probably take something by Sarah Waters as I've still got two of her books I want to read.