April 01, 2010

Easter Reading


My partner and I are travelling over easter to visit our families and I am trying to restrict my book haul for the trip. I think I have narrowed it down to these three:


Murder At Mansfield Park - Lynn Shepherd - I have no idea what this will be like but it caught my eye when I was at the shops tonight and decided it might be a nice, fun read for the long weekend.


Parrot and Olivier in America - Peter Carey - I picked this up at my library last week and when I started reading a few pages to see what it would be like it captured my attention and I have been struggling to put it down since then. This book has also been named in the long list for the Miles Franklin Award in Australia this year.


Home Love - Megan Morton - I have been waiting and waiting for this book to be released - it looks gorgeous!


Happy easter reading everybody!


6 comments:

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

Happy Easter to you too! Looks like you have a lovely group of books to keep you occupied this weekend - looking forward to hearing what you think of Home Love.

Steph said...

I really need to read Peter Carey soon! I have had The True History of the Kelly Gang for ages, but haven't picked it up! And I've only read one Aussie author this year! Eep!

Hannah Stoneham said...

Gosh - enjoy these! I love Peter Carey.

Thanks for sharing and happy easter

Hannah

Iliana said...

Happy Easter Karen. Hope you have a wonderful time with your families and enjoy the books. Haven't heard of any of these so looking forward to your reviews!

Frances said...

I vote for the Peter Carey first as well. Maybe the Easter bunny will grant you extra time to read them all! Happy Easter!

Karen said...

Hi Claire - I have had a quick sneek peak and so far it looks gorgeous.

Hi Steph - I read a very early Peter Carey novel back in my university days and I remember really liking it but I have not ventured back to his books since then.

Hi Hannah - Is there a particular Peter Carey book that you would recommend?

Hi Iliana - thank you for your wishes. I hope you had a lovely easter as well.

Hi Frances - the easter bunny actually delivered more chocolate than time this year! oh well - the trials we must bear!