August 31, 2009

What My 2009 Reading Says About Me...

I have seen this on a few blogs but I first noticed it over at Danielle's.

Using only books you have read this year (2009), answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It's a lot harder than you think!

Describe yourself: Fire In The Blood (Irene Nemirovsky)
How do you feel: Wanting (Richard Flanagan)
Describe where you currently live: The Room of Lost Things (Stella Duffy)
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Alan Bradley)
Your favorite form of transportation: The Flâneur (Edmund White)
Your best friend is: The Piano Teacher (Janice Y. K. Lee)
You and your friends are: We Are All Made of Glue (Marina Lewycka)
What's the weather like: Butterfly (Sonya Hartnett)
You fear: The Lost Life (Steven Carroll)
What is the best advice you have to give: I Capture The Castle (Dodie Smith)
Thought for the day: Affinity (Sarah Waters)
How I would like to die: Nocturnes (Kazuo Ishiguro)
My soul's present condition: Tales From Outer Suburbia (Shaun Tan)

This one definitely made me think - lots of fun!

9 comments:

Dot said...

What a good idea! I might give this a go soon!

Karen said...

Hi Dot - I found it really interesting - and challenging!!

Tamara said...

Hi Karen, This looks like a challenging process... I'm not sure I've read enough to answer the question - perhaps I will try to do it based on the different chapters I've read... But I cant til I get home... What's your countdown til departure?

Anonymous said...

did this yesterday - found it to be quite interesting to do... but spent ages on a couple of 'em.

Bybee said...

I saw this one on Facebook & it was fun.

Anonymous said...

i've also seen this around...but haven't worked up the nerve to tackle it! good job on this...

Karen said...

Hi T - so excited to see you here! Only 2 more sleeps!!

Hi anothercookiecrumbles - I know what you mean - I am still thinking about some of my responses!

Hi Bybee - it was fun wasn't it? I always enjoy doing things like this.

Hi booklineandsinker - I hope you end up doing it - would love to see your responses.

Iliana said...

It's been so fun to see everyone's answers for this meme. Isn't it funny how some titles are just perfect?

Karen said...

Hi Iliana - I know - some titles were meant to be!