December 20, 2008

Weekend Book Buying


To celebrate my Birthday my partner took me away for a beautiful weekend in Sydney - staying in gorgeous accommodation in the city, partaking in High Tea and a fancy dinner, a trip to the art gallery and of course - book shopping!

I actually didn't spend up too big but did come away with some purchases;

The Annotated Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - ever since I knew this book was available I having been looking forward to reading it. Pride and Prejudice isn't even my favourite Jane Austen but I think it will be interesting to read this version.

I Was Told There'd Be Cake By Sloane Crosley - this is a book I've heard about in the blogging world a bit and it sounds like my type of humour so thought I might appreciate it.

How To Live Like An Italian by Annalisa Coppolaro - in keeping with my love of all things Italian I had to pick this book up. A bit of a cheesy cover but I'm hoping the content will be better!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Karen!! What a wonderful gift from your partner!! A weekend away in Australia and books...sounds heavenly to me!! Are you having summer now? We're in the depths of winter here in the US...it's actually the first day of winter.

Karen said...

Hi Red lady-Bonnie - it was a wonderful present! We sure are having summer here at the moment - and absolutely loving it!

Tamara said...

Karen, Happy Birthday (I'm sorry it's belated)- your weekend sound divine. Congratulations on celebrating with style and confidence.. you're an inspiration.

Karen said...

Thanks T! I did have a lovely Birthday although I did not follow your sage advice and take the day off work - oh well, I will try that next year!

nutmeg said...

Can you believe I picked up that annotated P&P book for $7 about 3 months ago on a book sale table! I had not seen it before and did not realise that it was a current release. I think someone made a mistake there :-) My gain!