August 23, 2008

New Finds


A horrible Saturday weather wise but a gorgeous Saturday free time and book wise!

Nothing planned so spent the day with my wonderful boy - breakfast in town, secondhand book shopping and browsing.

I picked up the second book in The Spoils of Time Trilogy by Penny Vincenzi, Something Dangerous for $3 at a second hand bookshop in town - bargain! The first book pulled me in and I just have to keep reading now. I'm finding these books a nice distraction from Wuthering Heights which I am still reading but it is starting to drag me down a little at the moment.

I've also noticed during my blog browsing that a new Wally Lamb book is due out later this year - very exciting. The Hour I First Believed has been mentioned at The Savvy Reader and it sounds fantastic. I Know This Much Is True is one of my all time favourites - infact, I think it is due for a re-read. Books often take me back to the time in my life when I first read them and I Know This Much Is True does that in that it reminds me of the time I got to spend with my grandfather when he was dying of cancer almost 8 years ago - sad but special in that I was able to be with him during this time. So, this book is special in that I think it is a wonderful book but also for the fact that I was first reading it at this time.

No comments: