July 19, 2008

Melbourne and New Books




I have been away from home and the blogging world, in Melbourne for 5 days for a conference (and shopping of course!).


Melbourne is one of my very favourite places in the world and has some of the most amazing bookshops so I really feel I was quite contained in only coming home with two new purchases.


I found The Piazzas of Florence by Lisa McGarry and just knew it would be coming home with me. I have a bit of an Italy obsession even though I have not been there (yet).


I found my other new purchase on a trip to the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) to see there latest exhibition - Art Deco. My purchase wasn't related to that exhibition though, I found a new book about my favourite artist, Frida Kahlo. Frida Kahlo The Still Lifes by Salomon Grimberg looks like a stunning book and I just couldn't resist!

2 comments:

Marg said...

We have been talking about going to see that exhibition. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Karen said...

Hi Marg - yes, I did enjoy it.It wasn't as big or as extensive as I thought it would be but still enjoyable.