May 06, 2008

Living and Loving

I had a lovely experience today listening to the Sydney Pen Reading at Customs House Library by Virginia Lloyd author of The Young Widow's Book of Home Improvement which I have written about in earlier posts.

Virginia read small sections of her book and spoke about her book being classified as a "grief and loss" book (as I have been doing when talking about it to people!) when she herself sees it as a book about "living and loving". I really like this classification of the book - I think it perfectly captures how you see the events of the book and although grief is a very present emotion and passage the overarching theme that hits you is the amount of love this couple have for one another and their lives.

I felt very honoured to have been able to hear Virginia speak about her book and her experiences in person today.

No comments: